Search This Blog

4/04/2011

Pig Hunt




      I had to re-watch this one because i didn't really give it much of a chance the first time i watched it being as i was distractedly puttering around the internet and eating lunch while it was on. I'm glad i did (plus my girlfriend was mad that i watched it without her).

   This film is quite a mishmosh of plot twists and various genres of horror. You have the quintessential "backwoods family", an extraordinarily large killer pig, and cultist hippies all out to give our "heroes" a hard time in this one, and each aspect works in its own right. And it doesn't hurt that Les Claypool (of Primus fame) lends the score his own brand of psychotic hillbilly tunes.
  
   Like I earlier mentioned the story is rife with twists and turns, and is suitably brought together by decent actors. The gore factor is suitable and even well done at points. And the character make-up and wardrobes are believable, while not being over the top or generic.

   In summation, while not going to blow anyone away, this movie is well executed and very entertaining.....I really am glad I gave it that second look.

7/10 detached retinas

No comments:

Post a Comment